About the Role
This position is a combination Senior Architectural Project Manager with a supervisory role over the Architectural Department (approximately 5 staff members).
As manager of the department, duties include:
• Management of designer/drafters (coordination of staff job assignments, approval of time off requests, timesheet review and approval, conducting annual reviews, etc.)
• Assisting with proposal writing and supporting sales calls
• Oversight of departmental tools (codes and standards, software, samples, etc.)
As Senior Architectural Project Manager, duties include:
• Construction code (building and zoning) review and compliance
• Schematic design and construction document development with detail
• Coordination (directing and supervising) of in-house drafters’ and outside consultants’ work including planning, preparing, and reviewing
• Developing and managing project design costs
• Client meetings acting as our company / project representative
• Preparation of administrative documents such as meeting minutes, change orders, punch lists, and RFI’s
Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
20+ years of commercial construction design experience (laboratory design experience a massive PLUS!)
10 years supervising others
Experience with design, production and coordination of construction documents
History managing architecture and engineering teams
Solid understanding of NJ building code
Ability to sign and seal drawings – Registered architect in the state of NJ
Experience with AutoCAD and/or Revit
Communication skills to establish and maintain good vendor relationships, and to work with a team to accomplish related results
Decision making and estimating skills to develop budgets
All potential employees are given background checks and drug tests. Salary is commensurate with experience.
About the Company
We are Berkowsky and Associates, Inc., a woman- and family-owned commercial design and construction firm located in Cranbury, NJ. We value our employees and offer a positive work/life balance. We offer competitive benefits, including four different major medical plans, complementary life insurance, ancillary insurance plans (including dental, vision, and supplemental life) and a 401(k) with employer match). Hard work is rewarded annually with bonuses based on performance and company profit. For more information about us, see our website at www.berkowsky.com.
Note: we believe in a collaborative, team approach - our employees each have a personal space in our recently renovated office in Cranbury.