About the Role
You are a project manager/architect leader who can take initiative and deliver results. You’ll be interfacing with clients and managing consultants on multiple commercial projects. Excellent communication is a critical skill you must possess. This is an ideal position for someone who has experience overseeing others and enjoys working with a team. You will be driven to exceed your core duties while embracing new projects that accentuate our company (and your career!)
This position is responsible for the following tasks:
• Construction code (building and zoning) review and compliance
• Schematic design and construction document development with detail
• Coordination (directing and supervising) of in-house drafters’ and outside consultants’ work including planning, preparing, and reviewing
• Developing and managing project design costs
• Client meetings acting as our company / project representative
• Preparation of administrative documents such as meeting minutes, change orders, punch lists and RFI’s
Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
10 years of commercial construction design experience (laboratory design experience a massive PLUS!)
Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management (10+ for Senior position)
Experience with design, production, and coordination of construction documents
History managing architecture and engineering teams
Solid understanding of NJ building codes
Experience with AutoCAD and/or Revit
All potential employees are given background checks and drug tests. Salary is commensurate with experience.
About the Company
We are Berkowsky and Associates, Inc., a woman- and family-owned commercial design and construction firm located in Cranbury, NJ. We value our employees and offer a positive work/life balance. We offer competitive benefits, including four different major medical plans, complementary life insurance, ancillary insurance plans (including dental, vision, and supplemental life) and a 401(k) with employer match. Hard work is rewarded annually with bonuses based on performance and company profit. For more information about us, see our website at www.berkowsky.com.
Note we believe in a collaborative, team approach - our employees each have a personal space in our recently renovated office in Cranbury.